So the museum gave each of us a bag FULL of books and other resources- and I think all of my fellow teachers would agree with me that teachers Love free stuff!! :). A lot of interesting conversation this afternoon about answering the "why" question, which led to a Very interesting discussion about religion and that many teachers that were there do not believe the Bible is literal when it says that the Jews killed Jesus. I was a little shocked by this and then shared that who killed Jesus is not the "problem" the problem is that they denied the Messiah. Many were shaking their heads in agreement but did not say much. A girl from Louisiana who was sitting at my table, talked to me during the break and said something I am still thinking about. She said that during that time those of us who claim to be Christians would have been Jews. The difference didn't come about until they denied Christ. That they crucified Him because they did not believe Him to be the Messiah. Some of that I believe wholeheartedly but I am still thinking about "we all would have been Jews" part. I read in a book a few weeks ago were the Jews deny having killed Jesus, a statement which has troubled me ever sense, I feel like maybe I am beginning to sort it out a little. Back to the museum tomorrow- my first stop is to see one of the survivor-6 or 8 come everyday to speak to the museum guests.
Now for supper :) we ate at a place called the Commissary - it was cute and Very busy. We started with some chips with salsa and guacamole that was very yummy. Then Tim ordered a pepperoni, ham and bacon pizza with fresh basil that was to die for!!! I had a ham, prosciutto, bacon, ham and mozzarella on Ciabatta and an olive spread-from the first bite I knew this was the right choice!!! It is unbelievable how good the food is here- can't wait to eat tomorrow!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment